Holistic Nutrition Coaching
1. PHILOSOPHY; characterized by comprehension of the parts of something as intimately interconnected and explicable only by reference to the whole.
2. MEDICINE; characterized by the treatment of the whole person, taking into account mental and social factors, rather than just the physical symptoms of a disease.
I look at your previous health history, as well as current lifestyle, eating and exercise habits, environmental factors, and the signs and symptoms you are presenting with. I do not diagnose or treat disease, or "treat" specific symptoms. Rather, I work with you in a general way to bring balance to your body chemistry using personalized nutrition & lifestyle changes.
1. The process of providing or obtaining the food necessary for health and growth
2. Food; nourishment.
3. The branch of science that deals with nutrients and nutrition, particularly in humans.
In the Standard American Diet (SAD), we don't actually receive all of the nutrients neccesary for optimal health and vitality. The increase of processed food and soil mineral depletion contributes to a host of nutrient deficiencies that can set the stage for degenerative and chronic diseases. In my opinion, nutrition is the best preventative "medicine" that there is! I use science-based assessments, top of the line functional lab testing, and the highest quality supplement lines to help my clients optimize their genetic potential and maintain their health and vitality.
1. Extending traditional training methods to include focus on (a) an individual's needs and accomplishments, (b) close observation, and (c) impartial and non-judgmental feedback on [their] performance.
2. A method of directing, instructing and training a person or group of people, with the aim to achieve some goal or develop specific skills.
Coaching includes putting myself in your shoes. It involves standing shoulder to shoulder WITH you, looking at all of what you are dealing with in life, and with your body, to determine the appropriate course of action. I've had fifteen years of experience coaching individuals and groups in various venues, and I know that from working with me you'll develop a greater understanding of what your body needs to function optimally and how to utilize nutritional therapy to reach your health and fitness goals.